What is the IICRC?
IICRC stands for Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification.
The IICRC is the non-profit certifying body for the cleaning and restoration industry. They are a standards organization that produces standards associated with the restoration and cleaning industries. The standard for water restoration is the S500.
Why get IICRC Certified? What are the benefits of getting IICRC certified?
- Customers prefer certified, trained technicians.
- An IICRC certification is widely recognized as an indication of advanced level understanding and professional level of practice in cleaning and restoration.
- Often times insurance companies, along with state and local governments, require contractors to have an IICRC certification in order to handle restoration jobs. Please check with your state and local offices to see if any IICRC certifications are required.
Where can I get IICRC Certified?
Get IICRC certified at Reets Drying Academy! Our facility and flood house is located in Sharpsburg, GA just 30 minutes south of the Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson Airport. If you’re not able to come take a course in-person, we also offer IICRC Livestream (online) courses for WRT, AMRT, TCST, HST, FSRT, and OCT certifications.
Why Choose Reets Drying Academy?
- Our instructors are IICRC award-winning instructors that LOVE the industry! Not only do they love it, they know it through-and-through. With decades of experience in the field and a passion for education, they do everything within their power to help students understand the material and pass the IICRC exams. Want to learn more about our instructors? Learn more HERE
- We want you to feel like family when you come here, so we take care of you while you’re here. We provide breakfast and catered lunches along with plenty of coffee/tea/energy drinks/sodas and snacks!
- We have over a 1000 students come to our classes every year, check out our Google Reviews HERE
How long is an IICRC certification good for?
Great question! In order to keep your IICRC certification active you must:
- Earn 14 CEC every 4 years after getting certified. You can earn these 14 CECs by taking an online CE course like this 4 hour one: Online CE course, or you can take another IICRC certification course (see a list of courses HERE) and just keep growing your skill set.
- Every year after receiving your certification, you will need to pay the IICRC a yearly renewal fee. Please contact the IICRC to get the most updated fees.